Dobar dan! My name is Jan Pešula. I was born and have spent many years in the Czech Republic, but since 2003 I have been working on long assignments in various European countries.
My main activities on Wikimedia projects have been:
- Searching for public-domain portraits of historical personalities in digitized magazines, uploading them to Commons and linking them to articles across projects and language versions. To track easily what is available and to avoid going through the same magazine multiple times, I am maintaining two lists of available images: one on Czech Wikipedia, one on the German one. This is probably where most of my contributions to hr.wiki come from.
- Uploading of my own travel photographs, especially those showing lesser-known localities and secondary railway lines
- Writing biographies of Czech personalities active at the turn of the 19th/20th centuries into the Czech Wikipedia.
- Copying public-domain texts to Czech Wikisource, especially from Otto's Encyclopedia
- In the past, I also wrote several short articles in the English Wikipedia, especially about Rail transport in Central America (Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica). But these were my early days.
I am sorry but I cannot write in Croatian, therefore my contributions will be limited to inserting pictures. However, I do understand most of what you write, so feel free to contact me in your language. Good luck in maintaining the Croatian Wikipedia!
You may also check my personal website with travelogues from various countries (not updated since 2007)